Managing Big Feelings
As parents, it can feel especially challenging when we are faced with unwelcome behaviours from our children. Often these behaviours are really an expression of our child having difficulty managing big feelings and navigating their responses.
HWY is a sister organisation to Women’s Health and Wellbeing Services, we have been supporting the mental and emotional wellbeing of families since 1994.
What does Managing Big Feelings offer:
- How to help our children learn to self regulate
- Parenting tips and tricks to help our children feel safe and connected.
- Safe ways to help children express their emotions
- Understanding and exploring emotional awareness
- Help understanding your individual parenting type
Are you feeling as though you don’t know how to manage your child’s breakdowns and tantrums? This course is for you!
Emotional regulation is not a skill we are born with. Children develop the skills through warm and responsive relationships and watching the adults around them.
Helping our children learn to self-regulate is an important but at times tricky task. This course will examine how emotional self-regulation develops and how we can help our children acquire this crucial skill. GREAT parenting is not about stopping the emotional storms but reaching the end with children who feel safe, connected, and open to us.
The Managing Big Feelings course is written by an experienced Mental Health professional and Art Therapist who has first hand experienced many children’s “big feelings”.
Vivian has taken some common issues seen in young children with expressing emotions to tailor this course
Two ways to learn
Subscribe and have access to ALL the learning! – Just $15 per month or $120 per year
Purchase just this course for a one off fee of $29.00
- Teaching emotions explicitly
- Parental Pause
- Parenting types
The quicker you are able to implement these skills into your everyday life, the better you will be able to understand and manage your child’s big feelings.
This course includes:
- 30 minute informative course broken up into small manageable sections (Valued at $49.99)
- Downloadable Emotions Activity wheel and check in chart (Valued at $19.99)
- Play Dough Emotions activity and recipe (Valued at $15.00)
Total value of $84.98 for only $29.00
Or subscribe today for unlimited access to all our courses for $15/month or $120/year.